It was pointed out to me (thanks Baldrick) that Bob Brown is screaming for TRUTH in political advertising… nice of him (Brown) to notice it is missing!
Only thing is he seems overtly silent on the NON TRUTHS that are currently invading our homes, cars and workplaces. Wonder what changed his mind?
Senator BOB BROWN (Tasmania) (Leader of the Australian Greens)
This afternoon I will be moving a motion that asks the Senate to call on the government to amend the Commonwealth Electoral Act before the next federal election to incorporate a truth in political advertising unit to monitor and regulate political advertising to ensure it is true and accurate.
My goodness that sounds right up our alley – it is something we have all be howling for – for eons now it seems – truthful politicians are just what the doctor ordered me thinks! Truthful politicians – an oxymoron, and watching Mr. Brown in action right now, just goes to show that he lies, even when pretending to want the truth.
Thanks to a tip-off from Australian Climate Madness (thanks heaps guys) we can begin to look at the lies currently being thrown at us in the Governments $25 Million advertising campaign to get you to swallow their Carbon Dioxide Pollution BS.
Just before we get to that though it is imperative you know the Governments current stand on Truth in Political Advertizing:
The Governments own guidelines on political advertising state:
21. Where information is presented as a fact, it should be accurate and verifiable. When making a factual comparison, the material should not attempt to mislead the recipient about the situation with which the comparison is made and it should state explicitly the basis for the comparison.
As Baldrick said: Where is the fact in calling carbon dioxide a pollutant? That’s not fact – that’s political spin!
I would hate to bore you all silly with pulling each one of these new (political spin) advertisements to pieces, and they are all now available online, lets simply concentrate on THIS ONE and look at the lies, which Climate Madness has already done for us.
- Lie Number 1: Carbon Pollution. It isn’t carbon and it isn’t pollution.
- Lie Number 2: The majority of scientists agree that climate change is a result of human activity. A manufactured consensus from a politicised organisation (the IPCC) which was formed to find evidence of a pre-conceived conclusion. How much climate change is actually a result of human activity? We don’t know.
- Lie Number 3: We can avoid the worst impacts by reducing “pollution”. No we can’t. The carbon tax will do nothing to change the climate.
- Lie Number 4: Climate change is predicted to lead to further rises in temperature, rises in sea levels and some extreme weather events becoming more common, making life more difficult. Temperatures and sea levels have been rising slowly for centuries, without any help from man-made emissions. There are no confirmed links to more extreme weather events despite what the media tries to tell you.
- Lie Number 5: Countries around the world are already taking action [lists China, USA, India and Europe]. No, they are not. China’s emissions will rise for the foreseeable future despite a few token environmental gestures, India’s carbon tax is $1/tonne, the USA has backed away from any federal climate action leaving just the tiny RGGI, and Europe is a hopeless economic basket case on the verge of collapse, thanks in part to a crippling ETS mired in fraud and corruption.
- Lie Number 6: These clean energy sources [solar, wind, tidal and geothermal] are sustainable, renewable, their supply cannot be disrupted by events elsewhere, and they don’t contribute to pollution. None of those energy sources can replace fossil fuels for base-load electricity generation. And wind and solar are “disrupted” when the sun isn’t shining or the wind isn’t blowing. Tidal power is non-existent in Australia, and geothermal is so tiny as to be not even worth mentioning. The manufacture of solar panels and rare earth magnets for wind turbines releases millions of tonnes of real pollution into the environment.
- Lie Number 7: Developing these new industries means developing new jobs. False. Every fake green job costs hundreds of thousands of dollars and takes away on average 2 – 4 real jobs. Subsidising inefficient, unreliable and expensive alternative energy is like burning $100 bills. The market will decide when “alternative” energy becomes competitive, not the government.
- Lie Number 8: Meeting the challenge of climate change means being responsible, staying competitive and Australia continuing to prosper. A unilateral carbon tax does nothing for climate change, it is totally irresponsible, will make Australia less competitive compared to its trading partners, and will damage the economy for no benefit.
Wow. Eight whoppers in just over a minute. Pretty impressive.
And it’s all paid for by YOUR TAXPAYER DOLLARS.
If you are like me, then these adverts will make your blood boil. But probably you will (like me) want to pick each and every one of them apart, list the errors, and show them to your relatives, friends and workmates. We must not allow our society to be deceived. This has nothing to do with the climate, and much to do with revenue raising and redistribution of wealth.
They not only took your hard-earned tax dollars to make their posh adverts, without asking your permission one might add – they are telling lies, and that makes you a party to this deceit! Remember the old adage: You are known by the friends you keep. Stay silent on this and you are showing just who your friends really are
Why do they like spending our money – well because they can, because they do not consider themselves accountable. Another example of the waste of your hard-earned tax dollars is the funding of Holidays in the sun – and all in the name of Climate Science!
Australian taxpayers are funding a tropical holiday talkfest in the Bahamas for climate change. The Bahamas & Caribbean are not even in our region, in fact it is one of the most faraway places & regions from Australia (see map). There is no reason for Australia to fund such an event; regional players and universities should fund theses tropical island holidays. source
Define TRUTH Mr. Brown – or better still ‘your truth’!
Are you like many other Ozzies who are asking, ‘but what can we do about this?’ Then read this and consider joining in.
It looks like Australia is mobilising against it’s Carbon Tax,
with the: “Convoy of no confidence”.
Even if you don’t join in please
spread the word far and wide.