>Scientific Backbone – alive and well


>

Scientific Backbone:
When I started to look into climate change models that predicted the destruction of the Earth, coupled with the Hollywood disaster movie starring Al Gore, based on so many ifs and buts, and yet claiming a confidence interval of 90%, I just could not believe it. If I was reviewing the IPCC’s 2007 report, in which that 90% confidence is expressed, I should not be able to pass it, since it fails to adhere to basic good scientific practice.

The IPCC’s two main claims ignore the following points:

– Both temperature and CO2 concentrations and ranges as they are today have been seen in the Earth’s past climate. They are neither unprecedented nor unusual.

– CO2, which is now described as very bad, is anything but. It was CO2, early in the history of the Earth, that formed the first atmosphere and, as a greenhouse gas, helped to stabilize the Earth’s climate.

– CO2 is an essential ingredient in photosynthesis, liberating oxygen into the atmosphere.

– CO2 is a key part of the bio-chemical processes that support life. Every breath we breathe emits CO2 to the atmosphere.

– The current contribution of CO2 to the atmosphere is only 0.038 and, out of total CO2 emissions, represents only 3%, for nature emits and recycles the other 97%.

So the bottom line is that we are trying to claim that just 250 years’ human emissions of CO2, a mere trace gas that is present in the atmosphere at a concentration of less than 0.04%, the gas that is insignificant compared with water vapor, will cause major effects in the future, even though today’s fluctuations in temperature and CO2 have been seen in the past.

Needs doing:

(W)e should organize an open letter to all major media houses, signed by as many experimental scientists as possible, calling upon scientists who support the IPCC to answer specific observation facts that are clearly contradicting the model prediction. All those experimentalists who still maintain that we are on course to doomsday should put their names down and point out the experimental evidence that they claim to have.

It seems to me that everything now done by the IPCC is controlled by modelers and environmental and governmental forces looking to line their pockets with carbon taxes.

~~~~~~

Lord Monckton provided this information by way of a letter received at SPPI, and posted at Right side News.

Advertisements

About JustMEinT Musings

I like writing, reading and expressing my opinions. I prefer natural health and healing to pharmaceutical drugs. Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour.
This entry was posted in Anthropological Global Warming, GENERAL MUSINGS. Bookmark the permalink.